Tulalip Casino

www.tulalipcasino.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Tulalip Casino

My experience at the Tulalip Casino was unique.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulalip, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulalip, WA

I have been working at Tulalip Casino

Pros

Health benefits for employees are awesome. Should employees want to add dependents, it is very expensive.

Many of the people are great to work with, but sometimes the atmosphere can be secretive and guarded.

Cons

Expensive benefits for dependents.

Upward mobility is difficult to the Preference structure.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Tulalip Casino (View Most Recent)

Worrisome...but optimistic.

Current Employee - Faceless Team Member in Tulalip, WA
    Current Employee - Faceless Team Member in Tulalip, WA

I have been working at Tulalip Casino

Pros

One of the rewarding things about working for Tulalip Resort Casino is knowing that the money we are generating is going back to the Tulalip People. It gives them Free Medical Benefits, Education (Paid Tuition to any University they are accepted too), Housing and to many other benefits to name.

It is a much more rewarding feeling when you work countless, tireless hours for a company and you know your hard work is going to the greater good, versus allowing for someone you have never met to afford a fourth house, second Yacht and a trip to Swiss Alps this Christmas.

There are a lot of really nice benefits for the employees too. (Free Massage, affordable meals in the Team Member Dining Room, great Medical/Dental package, 401k matching, annual awards/picnic, Discount on the different Venues offered on property, etc.)

Another really great thing is being a part of such a diversified team. There are many many different cultures represented under our large roof.

Once your foot is in the door there’s a lot of room to move around. (Not necessarily up, but around)

Cons

I think the most frustrating thing about working at TRC is the lack of educated people in positions of importance. I am 100% for providing jobs for your people, but I do not believe it should be done at the detriment of the company. If someone is not qualified for a position they simply should not hold it.

Another very frustrating issue at TRC is the mentality that since "We're the best" we don't have to try anymore. I am very discouraged by the Executives and Board of Directors for allowing so many talented people leave the company to go to our competitors because "they can be replaced". It's really sad to know that we have had so many great people leave TRC to go make our Competition that much better.

Finally the last downside in my mind is a real Lack of Morale in the staff. This completely falls back on the lap of the Executive team. There are a lot of people around here who just don't care about anything. They show up late, they don't work when there are here and they have horrible attitudes. Unfortunately it is impossible to discipline someone here so these actions are able to continue. HR has no control, managers have no control... Why would someone continue to work 110% while someone who works 2% makes the same amount of money and doesn’t get in to trouble?

Put the right people in the right jobs. Make sure that the management positions are filled by people who have experience, not because they are a family member. Realize who your strongest Team Members are and reward them for their hard work and dedication. Let them know they are important to the growth of the business and that we appreciate them for being loyal to us and not leaving to go to the competition. Allow people to be fired when they don't want to be here anyway.

All in all you are doing a great job with the Shell of the business and its moving parts. Now it's time to work on its heart and soul.

Ok if you want to stay in one position.

I have been working at Tulalip Casino

Pros

Great benefits and some positions have flexible hours/shifts.

Cons

Not a lot of advancement unless you are tribal.

There are newer employer reviews for Tulalip Casino