Tumi

www.tumi.com
  www.tumi.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tumi

Great pay, novices in management

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bloomington, MN
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Tumi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is pretty competitive for retail. There's a 50% discount and lots of opportunity to earn bonus and product incentives. Really nice, caring people-- I can honestly say my coworkers began to feel like family.

Cons

Staff at the store level is insanely small. Often I worked alone. You do everything in the store from sales to shipping/receiving to cleaning & merchandising. Our store had 3 employees total: manager, assistant, and associate. After a while, you get tired of spending entire evenings alone in an empty store waiting for customers. Furthermore, if one employee decides to leave (it happens in retail!) you're thrown into a lurch where you all work crazy hours until someone else gets hired. Can't really call in sick since you're working alone-- so you have to call in another employee yourself. Sales goals keep going up and up, but there's never any re-investment in the staff.

If you want sales to increase, invest in a slightly larger staff. Probably 1 or 2 20-30 hours per week people would be all it takes. You'll see an increase in happiness amongst your employees and you'll be able to capture business that's lost when 2 customers need assistance in a store with 1 employee on duty. Bigger staff means people can use their vacation time, have help completing daily tasks, and just have a better work environment that isn't so mind-crushingly lonely.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Tumi (View Most Recent)

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Tumi full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, company is growing at lightning speed and always looking to promote from within, full support from corporate partners.

Cons

None, I am very happy at Tumi!

Continue on the path we are taking!

over all good

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tumi

Pros

There are spots to move up, and you can move up fairly quickly. Not commission based, but you do get a small bonus at the end of the month if you make your month.

Cons

it sometimes can be boring.

There are newer employer reviews for Tumi