Turn

At Very Large Scale, the Fun Begins

Current Employee - Architect  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great company keeps the balance between executing like an army and innovating like free jazz improvs. I believe Turn is such a company. I like that we have a vision and a great team to execute it. But at the same time we're innovating and exploring outside of our core goals. I also love the team I work with. Smart but also great people to hang out with. And finally as a history buff, I love our HQ which is a 100-year old building and used to be frequented by Wyatt Earp!

Cons

Turn has growing pains. This manifests in both frustration of not able to materialize great ideas fast enough, as well as being pulled in one too many directions.

Keep open communication between departments so we don't develop "fiefdoms" with interest only in themselves rather than the company. Build a global company culture now that the sun doesn't set on Turn.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Turn (View Most Recent)

A friendly workplace with interesting technical challenges

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very nice and friendly environment that focuses on giving each employee the opportunity to make an impact in the company and for the company. Very interesting technical challenges at incredible scale, solving problems no one has solved before with a team of smart colleagues.

Cons

These are not very big "cons" as it could be much, much worse, but some other companies are doing a better job at providing exciting office space, top of the line tools and equipment or great food.

Help employees create a better company and office culture; communicate more (internally) on the product vision and how it fits and/or disrupts the industry.

Smart people, unique challenges and great culture

Current Employee - Operations Management  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Management in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of smart people here doing really cool things in the Ad-Tech Market. The challenges that exist in engineering and operations are not found in many places. Big data (6+ Petabytes), high traffic volume (1M QPS) and an extremely complex application. The culture here is very transparent and open. Management gives everybody a voice and promotes collaboration and innovation. Lunch provided 4 days a week, close to cal-train and downtown restaurants.

Cons

As with all growing companies, lots of work to be done. This is always a good problem to have, but finding a work/life balance can be challenging.

Keep up the great work.

There are newer employer reviews for Turn

Worked for Turn? Contribute to the Community!