Turn

There are newer employer reviews for Turn

Great, team-oriented company

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Turn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to learn about business and technology. There is great product focus and prioritization that ensures that projects are always addressing client needs. Each team is very professional and include some of the best and brightest minds in the industry.

Cons

Very fast paced work environment, there are always a lot of projects going on and sometimes it takes a little extra time to keep up and ensure that ends meet. The upside to this is that there is no shortage of teamwork and collaboration to ensure that this is not an overbearing problem.

Keep up the good work in maintaining cross-functional group focus

44 Other Employee Reviews for Turn (View Most Recent)

At Very Large Scale, the Fun Begins

Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great company keeps the balance between executing like an army and innovating like free jazz improvs. I believe Turn is such a company. I like that we have a vision and a great team to execute it. But at the same time we're innovating and exploring outside of our core goals. I also love the team I work with. Smart but also great people to hang out with. And finally as a history buff, I love our HQ which is a 100-year old building and used to be frequented by Wyatt Earp!

Cons

Turn has growing pains. This manifests in both frustration of not able to materialize great ideas fast enough, as well as being pulled in one too many directions.

Keep open communication between departments so we don't develop "fiefdoms" with interest only in themselves rather than the company. Build a global company culture now that the sun doesn't set on Turn.

A friendly workplace with interesting technical challenges

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very nice and friendly environment that focuses on giving each employee the opportunity to make an impact in the company and for the company. Very interesting technical challenges at incredible scale, solving problems no one has solved before with a team of smart colleagues.

Cons

These are not very big "cons" as it could be much, much worse, but some other companies are doing a better job at providing exciting office space, top of the line tools and equipment or great food.

Help employees create a better company and office culture; communicate more (internally) on the product vision and how it fits and/or disrupts the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Turn