Great, team-oriented company

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Turn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to learn about business and technology. There is great product focus and prioritization that ensures that projects are always addressing client needs. Each team is very professional and include some of the best and brightest minds in the industry.

Cons

Very fast paced work environment, there are always a lot of projects going on and sometimes it takes a little extra time to keep up and ensure that ends meet. The upside to this is that there is no shortage of teamwork and collaboration to ensure that this is not an overbearing problem.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in maintaining cross-functional group focus

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great and friendly people, interesting work, and management that looks out for you

Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome friendly, mature yet young-at-heart people. Advice and expertise are freely given. Everyone functions as a team, and politics seldom if ever get in the way. Nothing is shrouded from the employees. All business decisions as well as financial information is readily available and distributed so that everyone feels in the loop. Great work problems, with the ability to work on your own projects if you choose. A responsive management that works hard to make things better for the employees.

Cons

I have a wish-list a mile long of things I would like to do. We are getting through it, but if only we had more people...

Advice to Management

More flexibility on the timeline once a project is underway. I have already communicated this with management and discussions are happening.

At Very Large Scale, the Fun Begins

Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company keeps the balance between executing like an army and innovating like free jazz improvs. I believe Turn is such a company. I like that we have a vision and a great team to execute it. But at the same time we're innovating and exploring outside of our core goals. I also love the team I work with. Smart but also great people to hang out with. And finally as a history buff, I love our HQ which is a 100-year old building and used to be frequented by Wyatt Earp!

Cons

Turn has growing pains. This manifests in both frustration of not able to materialize great ideas fast enough, as well as being pulled in one too many directions.

Advice to Management

Keep open communication between departments so we don't develop "fiefdoms" with interest only in themselves rather than the company. Build a global company culture now that the sun doesn't set on Turn.