CNN a Turner Broadcasting company is a great place to work if it was worth it.

Current Employee - Camera Operator  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Camera Operator in Washington, DC

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting

Pros

-It's a very popular company, and looks GREAT on a resume.
-Turner Broadcasting includes so many television brands, I particularly work for CNN and it's plethora of networks.

Cons

-The compensation is the lowest in the television industry for a global media organization
-The line level management prefers not to communicate well with it's teams.

As an industry we are the lowest compensated employees on the totem-pole yet we work hard to make our brand, our content and our product the strongest in the industry. Our company needs to restructure its pay scales and be considerate of the workers who make CNN such a popular and sustainable product. The cost of housing in Washington, DC where I work and live doubled by 201% in 2005; with over 10 years if outstanding industry experience my annual compensation shows nothing of it.

Other Reviews for Turner Broadcasting

Just an opinion

Current Employee - NetOps Senior Coordinator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - NetOps Senior Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting

Pros

Employees are treated fairly for the most part. They also actively try to promote from within as well as offer opportunities to develop yourself both personally as well as professionally. The "fringe benefits" are great along with the regular benefits. The vacation package is pretty good, and the technology is for the most part up to date. Those responsible for maintaining the equipment seem to be reliable. I also respect the amount of importance place on diversity through out the company. The general knowledge of the working staff is typically good. The company consistently seek input from employee's regarding procedures and policies.

Cons

Information gets lost in the red tape. Items that would appear critical knowledge just isn't always passed down the chain. Some of the inter-office applications seem to be redundant requiring additional work and over documentation. There are a few instances in which certain employees are allowed to "coast" while others seem to do all the work. I believe this is more of an example of those "doing all the work" not speaking up when the opportunity arises. In my specific department, it is difficult to get holidays off, but I think that is the nature of the business, and the selection process for those who do get holidays off is certainly fair and communicated well in advanced. The downfall is that in the case of promotion or transfer, those holidays are often lost.

Keep exploring new media and the vast opportunities associated with it.

Great company, but they're not going to hand everything you want to you on a silver platter.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting

Pros

Genuine respect for employees is part of the culture of Turner. Even if your specific job isn't terribly interesting, there are opportunities to involve yourself and collaborate across functional areas in order to make it so.

Cons

Some of the management is nothing short of BAD. At the staff level, pay is standard, at best.

There needs to be much more attention paid to the people-skills of mid-level managers. There needs to be more effort put into fostering and fully developing such skillsets and abilities.

There are newer employer reviews for Turner Broadcasting.

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!