Turner Broadcasting

www.turner.com

The Hard Truthes

Senior Web Developer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWell-funded, attractive, secure facilities. Strong emphasis on life/work balance. Reasonable benefits and compensation

ConsYou will get very comfortable here regardless of your area of expertise, but if you are technical be prepared to for some serious stagnation of skills, absence of desire to innovate and negotiate well for your initial placement, because without serious connections it will be your long-term/permanent placement withing the company. Turner "talks the talk" about advancing with trends, socially, strategically and technical, but at the end of the day there is neither the will or support to actually implement any substantial change. Sadly, Turner, like most past-looking entertainment and media companies is watching the future race out of their grasp at an ever-accelerating pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of the decision-makers and even some folks in the trenches feel like they are just "running down the clock" on their careers. I get it, you're a few years from "cashing out" and don't want to rock the boat, but do you really want to be the marginalization of a potentially great company to be your legacy?

Longevity meets groundhog day

IT (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Benefits, BRGs, Perks, Ability to WFH, Community relations Cons: A part of the larger Time Warner bureaucracy, still seems to be the "good ole boy" network, little… Advice to Senior Management: An atta-boy ever so often will go a long way in motivating employees, stop the promotion by favoritism advancements, get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good experience

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting

Pros: Lots of benefits and extra perks Cons: Sometimes it an be a very stressful environment More

There are newer reviews on Turner Broadcasting.

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!