There are newer employer reviews for Turner Broadcasting

Good benefits, low salary and inefficient management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting

Pros

Good benefits. Good perks. Great school for entry level applicants. A great place to start building your network and acquire knowledge about the business.

Cons

Terrible management. They're so blind they can't even see who is talented and willing to better the network. I work at creative and seldom hear feedback from management. Upper management can't even distinguish what looks good or bad on air. People that are not qualified to make creative decisions end up dictating what should be done. It's very frustrating if you're carreer oriented and hoping to advance. Raises are minimal and DOES NOT reflect your performance. And promotions are often based on seniority or for those who play the corporate game, and not so much for the ones that have talent and insight about the business. Please be mindful that my experience may not reflect other departments.

Advice to Management

Please read my 'cons' section. You should really investigate what employees say on other company surveys we're asked to complete. Please hear what we have to say. All we want is to contribute as much as we can and be recognized for our efforts. Good, smart and creative people are the best asset for any company.

reviews filtered by

?????

Current Employee - Broadcast Operations Shift Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Broadcast Operations Shift Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting

Pros

I can't complain about GREAT BENEFITS!!!!!!!

Cons

Management DOES NOT recognize those individuals who REALLY work hard and care about the individuals they work with.

Advice to Management

STOP promoting individuals who don't know what they are doing................PERIOD!!!!!!!! Start evaluating your supervisory staff, most of them don't have a clue as to what to do in an emergency situation nor do they know how to be a backfill resource when staff is short. Make them be more responsible by giving them real responsibilities (i.e. become working supervisors not lazy ones).

-This only pertains to the BOC or Broadcast Operations Center!!!!

Fun place to work, on the surface.

Former Employee - Production Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Production Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Turner Broadcasting

Pros

Liberal work environment, a chance to meet TV celebrities, discount club for local Atlanta business, good cafeteria on site, monthly give away and promotions for employees, On site Gym. No worries parking and super quick access to the highway.
    Great work mates.

Cons

Reviews are based more on your physiological profile than on your actual performance. Regardless of how well you perform your job if you fail their pigeon hole idea of what is the "perfect person" you are considered a failure to upper management.
    No real oversights of how funds are spent. Users spend money with out regard to to TCO's or compatibility creating more work for techs.
    Little research is done on compatibility of different software components by the software team.
    Information is disseminated slowing and innovation seems to be frowned upon.

Advice to Management

Understand just because a person has followed the SOP of a previous employer does not mean they will not be able to adapt to your SOP.
    More info in dislikes