Turner Construction
www.turnerconstruction.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fight for and earn what you get, but are ultimately rewarded.

New York, NY

I have been working at Turner Construction full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFrom my experience Turner walks the walk in most cases. Management is good about making reasonable accommodations for life events, etc. There are times things get busy and require extra hours and work, but I haven't had a job where that wasn't the case. As in most corporate cultures it is what you make of it.

ConsIt can be difficult to advance - Turner is a very flat organization. In many cases it seems like brown nosers get ahead. I've seen good people passed over for positions or let go entirely, while other seemingly less deserving candidates have stayed, and even advanced. If you want a raise or promotion, you have to fight for it, more so than other companies I've worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice of management to recognize the changing work environment with remote working arrangements.

I am very satisfied with the way my company has treated me so far.

Assistant Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Construction full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits are amazing Lots of offices worldwide for possible travel or relocation options Pay is… Cons: Easier to get "lost" in such a large company The busyness of the construction atmosphere can leading to training by fire. Not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company, No complaints. Like most companies nowhere is perfect.

Field Engineer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Turner Construction full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great Manager, Great Knowledgeable Project Team. Pay is decent Cons: No career path selection. How does one get promoted? Everything is… Advice to Senior Management: Come up with actual career goals. Ie "if you do these tasks and become proficient at these things you will be promoted" without that the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Turner Construction.

Worked for Turner Construction? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Turner Construction reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Turner Construction CEO Peter J. Davoren. All reviews posted anonymously by Turner Construction employees.