There are newer employer reviews for Turner Construction

Accountant

Former Employee - Assistant Project Accountant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Assistant Project Accountant in New York, NY

I worked at Turner Construction

Pros

-Independence and little day to day supervision
-Direct contact with company executives
-Work daily with project managers and project executives
-good salary for experience and among peers

Cons

-time lost traveling to department meetings at corporate office.
-division between construction departments and finance almost like two differnt companies at times
-not matched with projects that are closer to where you live and easier to get to
-little incentive to have the project done faster because bonus is set and not based on productivity

conference calls for department meetings.
Allow requests to work on specific projects. A happy employee is a better employee. Allow younger employees to be promoted when positions open up and replace the lower positions. This will allow new employees to be trained properly limit mistakes and allow you to mold the employees into the type of worker you want.

reviews filtered by

No long term interest in working there

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Turner Construction

Pros

Decent people, although not at all a young fun atmosphere. Plenty of free lunches after meetings.

Cons

Boring. Had zero interest in my job, not to mention the entire construction industry. it was an entry level position and my 2nd out of college. The senior level management was a bunch of stuffy old men, who pretty much ignored the subordinates. I felt that the company was badly in needed of modernization and advancements, technologically speaking. A lot of areas seemed very wasteful tp me.

Don't ignore the people that work under you. A company is nothing without its people. Find ways to innovate to bring the company into the future.

2. Overview

Former Employee - MEP Supertendent in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - MEP Supertendent in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Turner Construction

Pros

Great pay good Benfits, good working area. Tool such as Turner University are priceless

Cons

The upper management does not tak into account your background

Respect you employees who go beyond what is asked of them and listen to Sr. PM advice towards who are the keepers and who should be let go instead of only looking at dollor signs. Experience and employees who lead by example are worth more in the long run.

There are newer employer reviews for Turner Construction