lost way

Former Employee - Superintendent in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Superintendent in Miami, FL

I worked at Turner Construction

Pros

benefits
training courses
looks good on resume

Cons

to many people skate by w/out performing
management doesn't let you know if you are doing good or bad, bust your ass work ot, weekends, 16 hrs straight and no one gives you any props,
if they think you are doing a bad job, they just move you, no one sits down and talks to you or tries to give you constructive critcism

Advice to Management

There are employee out there who don't brown nose too

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If You're Not a Member of the "Click", You Will Be Overlooked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Turner Construction

Pros

Great benefits and some great people. Management can be very helpful and supportive.

Cons

Most management are middle aged white guys who talk diversity but don't walk the walk. Women are very seldom in management roles here, and this is across the board nationally, not just at my business unit. Management doesn't communicate well with their employees and they very seldom offer praise for a job well done. The evaluation system here is sub par and needs improvement. If you're not part of the click or good ole boy network, your ability to move up in the company can be stymied.

Advice to Management

More diversity in management. They should pay better attention to the employees who are doing great work out there and being largely ignored.

Turner Construction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Turner Construction

Pros

The Turner name is well recognized and respected in the industry. Turner teaches the younger population a lot about the industry and gives them a good amount of responsibility early on.

Cons

Minimal consideration for advancement, minimal pay raises, Turner is extremely political, senior management is very old school and tend to yell instead of actually do their job and properly plan.

Advice to Management

See the Cons I listed above. I don't actually ever see Turner emerging from the dark ages as I've described above.