There are newer employer reviews for Turnitin

The most amazing educational technology company on earth

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Turnitin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No boiler room sales style environment. I feel a sense of pride, accomplishment and excitement about selling Turnitin and iThenticate. Great work-life balance and great benefits. Excited about the company future growth.

Cons

There are always challenges in any work environment especially in a quota driven Inside Sales Account Manager position.

Advice to Management

Keep exploring about adding new products to the iParadigms offerings in the future.I am proud to see the evolution of Turnitin over the years.

Other Employee Reviews for Turnitin

1. Love it!

Current Employee - Product Owner in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Turnitin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff here at Turnitin are amazing. I have never worked with such kind, friendly, thoughtful, hardworking (the list is endless) people. The staff here at Turnitin look out for each other and have become more like a family, including management. The company on a whole looks after each individual and actually treats them as an individual, not just "another employee". The well being of staff is very important to Turnitin which I truly admire as a value! I believe in what the company stands for and fully back what it is trying to achieve! The opportunities here at Turnitin are endless! There are so many great things about Turnitin that there simply aren't enough words.

Cons

It may sound corny but I do not see any cons to working for Turnitin. I have been here almost 3 years and I am yet to find a fault.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

2. A good place to work!

I have been working at Turnitin full-time

Pros

The company has a real personable approach and offers good one-to-one support. Everyone is very approachable, VPs and CEO included. At Turnitin, you can work at a human pace rather than feeling flustered and overwhelmed. The company provides healthy snacks and drinks for the office and, more importantly, it also offers a pension plan and several salary sacrifice schemes. If you do your job well and follow the guidelines, it's a great place to work!

Cons

Promotions are hard to come by and seem to be awarded according to the level of 'seniority' accrued but the parameters are unknown to most, as there doesn't seem to be a clear 'apply for promotion' procedure to follow. This makes it difficult to 'work towards' a hypothetical future promotion as people are not aware of what they should be doing to make the progression 'upwards' smoother - apart from doing their job. Turnitin is a global business but there still seems to be some lack of awareness on how educational systems (and their financial systems) really work outside the anglophone market.

Advice to Management

Overall, it is a very good, supportive place to work. Opportunities for personal advancement could be improved a little but, otherwise, well done!