Turnitin.com

There are newer employer reviews for Turnitin.com

A great place to grow

Current Employee - Web Designer in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Web Designer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Turnitin.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't speak for the company as a whole, but my experience with the Marketing team has been great.
I was hired into a relatively junior position, but quickly entrusted to take on my own projects. Management is encouraging and supportive of individual initiative, and I always feel like my opinions matter as part of team decision-making. Professionalism abounds.

Compensation is totally fair, with a nice community/employee-minded perks like volunteering (2 paid volunteer days a year), charitable contribution matching, and professional development ($1000/year)

The work/life balance is great, too. I've never been hassled for taking a half day or refusing a party invite!

Cons

Compared to the startup-dominated tech scene of the Bay Area, Turnitin might be considered "frumpy," but I think just about everyone in the company is working to change this. :) (And hey, at least they're profitable!)

5 Other Employee Reviews for Turnitin.com (View Most Recent)

Best company I've ever worked for

I have been working at Turnitin.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They hire competent, smart people and don't micromanage; Great benefits, pay and location; Mktg mgt welcomes/moves on new ideas; Flexible with schedules and family-friendly; Exciting to be a part of a successful and growing global company; Takes care of its employees; Constantly adopting the latest technologies

Cons

Culture is professional and more on the introverted side so extroverts may not like the quiet environment (but I like it!)

Love it

Current Employee - Human Resources in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Turnitin.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, since we are small we can make changes happen fast, long-tenured leadership team, really nice people! I love that there is a diverse group of people that come to work and enjoy what they do and are still able to have a life outside the office.

Cons

The office can be quiet, which I'm sure some people love but I personally like the noise. It can get annoying when their are protests at City Hall.

Would love more global events - the World Cup Pool was great!

There are newer employer reviews for Turnitin.com