There are newer employer reviews for Turtle & Hughes

Good for Some

Former Employee - Manager  in  Linden, NJ
Former Employee - Manager in Linden, NJ

I worked at Turtle & Hughes

Pros

Offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Little room for growth. Very much a dead-end job for most employees.

If you offer employees a bit more you'll likely get more from them and perhaps retain the better employees.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Turtle & Hughes (View Most Recent)

Take this company with a grain of salt

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Turtle & Hughes full-time

Pros

Solid benefits package, casual/laid back work environment, not overly difficult tasks at hand, generally good job security, most upper level management knows their mid to lower level employees by name or face. Turtle & Hughes is looking financially very strong with recent acquisitions. The ESOP package is a wonderful incentive as employees do not contribute any out of pocket.

Cons

Constrictive pay roll, most employees are grossly underpaid and very disgruntled. You can always hear the gossip about the employees talking about their meager wages (which I cannot blame), way too much nepotism as everyone is related or friends of someone of management. The average employee faces little to no job growth and opportunity as I've personally seen employees here with 20+ years under their belts that are in the same position collecting dust and being rewarded with insignificant raises. TONS of office drama and immaturity that runs rampant, especially at the Houston branch.

Stop promoting and outsourcing incompetent individuals. Upper management loves bringing in their hand puppets with huge salaries while life long employees fight for the remains. Actually perform employee reviews to weed out the slackers. I've seen far too many good employees hit the chopping block while floaters have prospered.

Bridgewater NJ branch is a complete joke

Former Employee - Warehouse  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Bridgewater, NJ

I worked at Turtle & Hughes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, 401k, ESOP(if an employee actually makes it there for more than a week)

Cons

Where to begin? First of all I had been here three years without a single raise in pay, after begging for a raise which I deserved they gave me a .35 cent raise. The warehouse is a revolving door for employees, never in my life working for warehouse companies have I seen people get hired and quit their first day more than I have here. Management treats it's employees like dogs. Sales gets all the glory(and pay) while the meaningless back breakers that pick, package, and ship their orders get treated like complete dirt. People get fired for ridiculous reasons sometimes, and when asked for help on shifts they always say they are constantly "hiring" or "looking." Not to mention the VP of logistics whose name we can keep out TF, who constantly takes two hour meetings to berate his warehouse employees in a group amongst their peers. Bottom line, the founders of what used to be a small family focused company would be rolling in their graves had they known how the employees are treated. Stay away you'll thank me later.

Don't lie to prospective employees and say they will get maybe 5 hours OT a week and then be surprised when they quit after working 60/70hr weeks with no help. Nepetism has to go. The back breakers need to be compensated better maybe then you would get better performances. Stop letting your best people get away.

There are newer employer reviews for Turtle & Hughes

Worked for Turtle & Hughes? Contribute to the Community!