Absolutely horrible experience at Tutor Time. I transferred from a Childtime and worked in the LCG for over 3 years.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher
Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved working with the families and the children. There was a nice structure and the corporate always had someone to go with an issue. You will defiantly learn what no to do if you ever own a daycare.

Cons

Worked more than 11 hour days most days, all my toddlers were in the infant room majority of the day and they expected me to do assessments, curriculum, and conferences for these children. Very gossipy directors and assistant directors. Reported many bad things about another teacher and nothing ever happened. On my 3 year anniversary they wished me Happy Birthday instead of thanking me for working so hard for these children and their family. It was my job to fight for the kids on what was right for them. I shouldn't of had to do that. I was not paid appropriately either. I recently changed jobs where I make a much more reasonable amount.

Put the children first! I understand money is important but for a director, it should not be your first priority! The safety and well being of the children should be number one. Most of these centers are NAEYC accredited but they don't represent their ethical codes!

Other Reviews for Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

I came in excited to work with children... coworkers ruined my experience.

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher  in  Anthem, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Anthem, AZ

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with children has always been a rewarding experience to me. As a future educator I was able to learn alot about child devopment from the daily interactions.

Cons

Coworkers constantly talked about how much they hated their job, poor attitudes towards not only their work but towards the children. I did not agree with many of the behavior correction methods. Many times I had to work overtime. I enjoyed working with the students, but the teachers did not have each other's backs. I had teachers interrupt my lessons, or while I was reading, causing students to loose focus.
     Pay was not at all worth the stress.

Respect your fellow coworkers, and simply act professionally.

Children wonderful, management terrible

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher  in  College Point, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in College Point, NY

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

The children were wonderful. The hours were good.

Cons

Management was terrible. Tremendous turnover of teachers/assistant teachers.

Accordidng to the website there is supposed to be a training period...which there was not. I was thrown into a classroom without direction and without any idea about the philosophy of the school.

There are newer employer reviews for Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center.

Worked for Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center? Contribute to the Community!