Twilio

www.twilio.com
  www.twilio.com
There are newer employer reviews for Twilio

Awesome working experience

I worked at Twilio as an intern

Pros

Working with Twilio is the best thing I ever experienced. I learned a lot from the company. Even, I had enjoyed much of my time working as an employee.

Cons

Just love your job and put your heart onto it. I have nothing to say about this company

Just keep it up. I would always remember the things that I learned from my comrades

22 Other Employee Reviews for Twilio (View Most Recent)

Fair and honest environment - great community!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

From the first interview and each day when I walk in I have been welcomed into a great community of kind hearted respectful, fun loving people. It is a community that enjoys the work and growth of what they are creating and supporting professionally and personally. It sounds goofy but it really is a pleasure to work at Twilio and people try hard to make it all work... through the good, bad and ugly. I appreciate that everyone respects each other and no one person's job is more important than the other person's job within the organization...

Cons

Every fast growing family, I mean company has its dysfunctional features and Twilio is always willing to acknowledge their dysfunctions and work through their issues. I am confident if I speak up regarding an issue...and come prepared with a reasonable solution to that issue...it will be heard and hopefully put into action.

Great access to upper management - the leadership is on an even playing field and very accessible...if they are not available it is because they are busy doing their job to take us to the next level...

Late stage tech startup with pluses and minuses

Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

It feels like you're witnessing the birth of a company. Fun people to work with. Good location if you want to work in San Francisco. The company is still small enough to feel like you can make a difference and you can get access to the people you need.

Cons

Like most late stage startups, there's pressure to start acting and looking like a larger "more professional" and this means that Twilio is starting to feel more corporate, less focused on the best ideas and more focused on making us look more attractive to Wall Street.

Long hours when you take into account on-call after hours required for Engineering team members.

Do a better job of explaining in plane language to employees what Twilio's business model and services are. Circle back to the values that have made Twilio an interesting place to work. Hold senior managers accountable to promote a culture where looks for ideas across all of the teams. Engineering might have good ideas for marketing and sales. Finance can help manage the numbers better if they have better insight into what's happening in other departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Twilio