Twilio
www.twilio.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Epic internship experience

San Francisco, CA

ProsTwilio offers a dream internship experience from start to finish. HR was super helpful during the recruiting process, interns are on-boarded with full-time employees, and all interns work on projects/products that are core to the company (rather than intern side projects that never see the light of day). Twilio values its interns, a fact underscored repeatedly. For example, Jeff Lawson (CEO & co-founder) sat down with us on the first day for an information session and then hosted a intern breakfast chat a few weeks into the internship.

As is the case in most companies, the quality of the experience is highly dependent on the quality of the people, another category where Twilio = winning. My manager gave me the freedom to own meaty projects and drive them forward. Other team members drew me in on their projects and made me feel like an integral part of the team.

All employees enjoy the perks that you can find at other companies (free meals, gym and Kindle allowance, weekly chair massages in the office, etc.). These benefits are great (obviously!), but would be hollow without the company's genuine commitment to making its core values come alive.

I'm betting that Twilio will only get better as it grows and I would highly encourage others to try to jump on this ship. I know I will!

ConsThe company is growing quickly and such rapid change can cause growing pains. Luckily the company seems to be ahead of the curve in terms of protecting/maintaining a strong culture, integrating new employees, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to get feedback from employees about their experience. Foster cross-team relationship building. Continue to communicate transparently and candidly about the company.

Incredible People & Great Opportunity

Business Development Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Twilio full-time for less than a year

Pros: I can't say enough about the people that work at Twilio. It's an incredible team of hard working passionate people that embrace their coworkers. And… Cons: You will be working hard and sometimes long hours, but it's well worth it. There are always processes… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the great work environment, culture, and benefits that help… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lean start-up, google-like culture. Great place to work.

Senior QA Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Twilio full-time for less than a year

Pros: Lean start-up culture. Everyone's approachable. Great place if you love… Cons: Nothing yet. May be after staying for some more months. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Twilio.

Worked for Twilio? Contribute to the Community!

Twilio – Why Work for Us?

We empower developers to build powerful communication. Twilio powers the future of business communications, enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software. We take care of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Twilio reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson. All reviews posted anonymously by Twilio employees.