Twilio

www.twilio.com
  www.twilio.com
There are newer employer reviews for Twilio

Great people, fun challenges, exciting to be a part of a rapidly growing company in technology

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are not limited by bureaucracy; if you have an idea that would improve your work, you are generally always encouraged to execute it

Cons

Company is huge, slowly losing its startup feel

More social events!

22 Other Employee Reviews for Twilio (View Most Recent)

Professional Growth Opportunities and Happy People Abound!

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been given more opportunities to take on responsibility here than any job in the past. When you deliver here, it is recognized and rewarded. I am very proud to be a member of this amazing team of achievers and I'm excited to come into to work here each day.

Cons

High growth can sometimes lead to growing pains. Sometimes we can be a bit inefficient as we're figuring out responsibilities and onboarding new employees.

Epic internship experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Twilio offers a dream internship experience from start to finish. HR was super helpful during the recruiting process, interns are on-boarded with full-time employees, and all interns work on projects/products that are core to the company (rather than intern side projects that never see the light of day). Twilio values its interns, a fact underscored repeatedly. For example, Jeff Lawson (CEO & co-founder) sat down with us on the first day for an information session and then hosted a intern breakfast chat a few weeks into the internship.

As is the case in most companies, the quality of the experience is highly dependent on the quality of the people, another category where Twilio = winning. My manager gave me the freedom to own meaty projects and drive them forward. Other team members drew me in on their projects and made me feel like an integral part of the team.

All employees enjoy the perks that you can find at other companies (free meals, gym and Kindle allowance, weekly chair massages in the office, etc.). These benefits are great (obviously!), but would be hollow without the company's genuine commitment to making its core values come alive.

I'm betting that Twilio will only get better as it grows and I would highly encourage others to try to jump on this ship. I know I will!

Cons

The company is growing quickly and such rapid change can cause growing pains. Luckily the company seems to be ahead of the curve in terms of protecting/maintaining a strong culture, integrating new employees, etc.

Find ways to get feedback from employees about their experience. Foster cross-team relationship building. Continue to communicate transparently and candidly about the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Twilio