There are newer employer reviews for Twilio

Twilio is a great place to work, good people who care about the power of communications

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Twilio has a great company culture and is growing fast. It's an exciting time to be there, and a fun place to work. The nine core values shape the environment. It's a lesser known startup with a lot of big customers, and it's cool to watch our customers succeed with our product.

Cons

Fast growth can come with a lot of awkward growth.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Twilio (View Most Recent)

Taste the Kool-Aid before diving in!

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twilio as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

* 2 of the most tech-savvy, on-the-ball, market-aware and inspiring Senior Engineering Management I have ever worked with in my career
    * 2 of the most jaw-dropping, outstanding-in-all-areas and straight-shooting Software Engineers I have ever worked with in my career
    * Incredible learning and social networking opportunities for interns and new grads
    * Networking and learning opportunities available through invited Tech Industry speakers

Cons

* Rare instances of extremely inexperienced Tech Leads moving into Line Management. Character insecurities translate into Passing-the-Buck for issues; while Taking the Credit for successful design and code from others
    * On-Call Production Support Duty for some of the Legacy Code stack has become a 'four-letter-word' for those who are married and/or have children
    * Drive to ship fast and frequently works best with experienced Tech Leads. Otherwise, major technical debt and production support risk is/has been incurred
    * Test Environment and Product Deployment processes and tools need cross-team accountability for any serious progress in reliability and usability.

* Vet your potential Leaders for character consistency. Adaptability applies for technical areas, but not for character. Nobody wants to work for an (A__Hole).
    * On Company Values: Watch the Guardians, Owls of Ga'Hoole.
    Consider its message for your employees, and their families.

Internship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Company culture and people here are great and really make the company. Fantastic place to work. Really enjoyed my experience.

Cons

none that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for Twilio

Worked for Twilio? Contribute to the Community!