There are newer employer reviews for Twilio

Best career decision I ever made

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many companies talk about caring about employees and customers but the actions tell a different story - this company really means it and acts on it right from the top.

Great caring people with great attitude and amazing skill set.

Culture and how you treat people really matters here. This is the most welcome I have felt at any company I have worked at.

Cons

None that I have come across so far. Not everything is perfect of course but nothing that isn't normal for fast growing companies and the will to learn and improve is there.

Keep going. Preserve the culture even as the company grows.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Twilio (View Most Recent)

Great place to work... company vision is something you can really buy into

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twilio full-time

Pros

Normal San Francisco Startup feeling. People are great and work life is decent (not a 9-5 shop, but not a 15 hour day shop either). Benefits are pretty standard for SF.

Cons

No real cons - the reporting structure is pretty flat, and most everyone is pretty approachable. It is a pretty development centric company, so depending on what you do, could be seen as either.

My best job so far

I have been working at Twilio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy working at Twilio because I know we're providing a high quality service to developers. As a developer myself, it makes me feel good that I can stand behind our API and recommend it to anyone. I've also enjoyed the people at Twilio - folks have been very friendly.

Cons

It's a typical startup environment, so the goalposts seem to move pretty frequently. Many policies and procedures are tried - some take, some do not. But I am given a lot of freedom to exercise my judgment and do my job how I see fit, so this affects me less than it might if I had less personal responsibility.

Consider refactoring the org to hire outside the valley and support remote work. It's hard to compete for talent in SF, even with the large number of talented people that live and work there.

There are newer employer reviews for Twilio

Worked for Twilio? Contribute to the Community!