Personal Growth...

I have been working at Twin Towers Trading full-time for more than a year

Pros

FIRST OF ALL... the company is called Twin TowerS Trading. Twin, but only one tower? No, I don't think so. Also, the website, DIRECTLY BELOW the title, pluralizes the word "tower." Idiocy. Anyway... Independence. Constant challenges. The ability to socialize with whomever, whenever. As a demonstrator, YOU are in control -- and you don't have to cater to every whim of the snarky general public. You get to make (most) people happy -- and it'll make you happy! WE AREN'T THE COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT -- so we don't deal with many complaints!!! Whew! Boss's will be boss's -- and I love mine regardless.

Cons

I wouldn't really say there are any cons... But people who don't understand anything about a strong work ethic would say that the following are cons. It is VERY hard work, at times (can be very draining), and it's absolutely necessary to keep a positive attitude, which is not always easy to do -- especially if experiencing interpersonal troubles. But this is life -- it's unfair if you perceive it that way... If you have a complaint about the product and the job, then go to China, improve the product, see how much money you earn, THEN type your review about the product demonstrator job. By that time, you'd be groveling to work for this company.

I didn't say their business model is perfect... But they've been figuring things out for 38-years... longer than I've been alive.

Other Reviews for Twin Towers Trading

I have been to some great places, and done some fun things

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Studhorse  in  Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Studhorse in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Twin Towers Trading full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I work in major retailers, and have access to all of their customers.
    - I sell a product I have confidence in.
    - When I think of the places I have been, and things I have done in the past year, I am pretty pumped! The places I have traveled in the past couple of months alone, it would have taken me YEARS to see all those places under normal circumstances. I've almost been with them a year, and I am now needing to research cool places to go work, because I know that this is my opportunity to go there, work, get paid, and then play on my days off.
    - I request locations, and the company puts forth solid effort to get me there.
    - I do not have a boss watching over me. I need to respect the manager of whatever store I am a guest in, and keep Twin Towers informed of certain things, thats basically it.
    - I can get a week off whenever I please! Right there.... thats a biggie for folks like me.
    - I live reasonably well, nothing too fancy, but I am able to SAVE money almost every week. I do not live check to check. Oftentimes, I stuff away $500 or more in a week.
    - I get two days off a week, and if I am organized, I can be doing something that many people are jealous of.
    - I have fun, and I get to contact a solid cross-section of every community I work in. I form an educated opinion of every town I enter.
    - For someone looking to relocate somewhere, this would be a good way to move there and get a handle on the entire general area as you get things squared away.
    - For someone just out of college, looking for a job. This could be an awesome temporary job.
    - I got a C in college speech. I used to sweat! Public speaking is not a problem for me anymore.
    - Its commision based pay, but its a moderately priced item and there are always sales there.
    - I feel the headquarters does a solid job at keeping things in order. They have a large sales staff, spread out over a vast area, and they communicate with them all over the phone. In other reviews, I noticed folks complaining about a level of disorganization. In my experience, if I do not have something I need, its been my fault for not communicating it to them. When I have told them I need something, I think I have always gotten it.
    - You do NOT need to purchase your inventory.
    - You do NOT need to transfer all of your inventory to the next store. I put some in my car, but I maintain safety, and visibility, and room for personal belongings. If someone is traveling with me, they do not have to sit on the roof... theres room for them too. The company will ship the rest.
    - If you can't sell their product, you get to complain about them on this website and try to sell something else.
    - If you are the type of person that wants to work like a dog and save some money and then travel internationally for a few months. This would maybe work.

Cons

- If you can't travel, you might have a hard time.
    - Its tough to have a dog, or a parakeet, or any pet that can't live in a hotel or a car.
    - You are surrounded by hot looking ladies every day, but it would be a bit unprofessional to ask them on a date. Such a bummer.
    - You can't be lazy.
    - Relationships take effort. With this job, they take even MORE!
    - You work Saturdays and Sundays. Days off are Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
    - My only real concern, is when you are dealing with giant retailers, there is only so much (as a salesperson) that I can control. Its all here today, and its awesome, but what if "Retailer X" decides they no longer want TT Trading's services? The company has been around for ages, so theres always work there, but I would imagine that adjustments need to be made from time to time.

I could always use more money, if you have any laying around.

Legitimate, sort of.

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Columbus, OH

I worked at Twin Towers Trading full-time for less than a year

Pros

Doing the demo is actually very fun, I enjoyed getting people together and doing my script in front of them. The Slicer product is very good and has very little competition, holidays are a great time to make money. I sold between 15-25 a day until I got lazy. $5 commission per box. You can take a whole week off whenever you want to.

Cons

But they act like you can't take a sick day, even if your throat is too sore to demo properly. 1 week is okay, 1 day- absolutely not! The hours were long and when they tell you you stay in your city they lie. The furthest I drove was an hour and a half to my location. They tell you that if you have left over product you can ship it back, that is also a lie, you have to lug it home with you in your car.

Also, sometimes they send you to some pretty rough neighborhoods, and unless its the first of the month nobody has the money for a 30 dollar "knife". I learned towards the end however that you can research and ask for your own locations.

Basically, you can make money at this job, but I wouldn't want to try and make a living off of it. I think it would be perfect if you had a lot of free time and somebody else to support you, its actually pretty fun until the stress of rent kicks in. There is also opportunity to become a trainer pretty quickly, and that will get you commission from everybody that you train... until they inevitably quit.

Don't lie about the process, if you wont let people ship back product tell them so. Although its really unfair to expect us to haul all that around and fill up our homes with boxes. Send less peelers also, we don't give out 1,000 of them each week. Ship two cases one week, than one case the next. Rotate. Listen to your sales peoples ideas. Let us know that were going to be driving 50 miles before we start. Or dont, if you want to keep hiring sales people...

There are newer employer reviews for Twin Towers Trading.

Worked for Twin Towers Trading? Contribute to the Community!