Twitter
www.twitter.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

The awesome location, smart people, and exciting work environment make Twitter the best job I have ever had.

Operations Engineer (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time for less than a year

ProsThe perks are great (free beer on tap, free meals and snacks), the people are wonderful, and the work is exciting as heck.

I'm always happy to go into work, and happy to be at work. I'm surrounded by incredibly intelligent people, working on exciting technologies, solving interesting scaling problems that nobody else has dealt with, and learning new things every day.

ConsHQ is located in a very sketchy neighborhood (Civic Center / Tenderloin), and I've often walked past heroin addicts shooting up on the sidewalk. There's plenty of homeless and desperately poor folks, but I'm not harassed by them. It's a little depressing, but Twitter makes a strong effort to encourage its employees to help out the locals in some small way.

There is a certain amount of growing pains at Twitter, and some of us newer folks often ask ourselves "why did this get implemented this way", but that's common at any startup. Some of us from the big companies (Google, Yahoo, Facebook) know there's better ways to accomplish the same task, but that's why they hired us.

There is also a certain amount of groupthink at Twitter, but I don't think that's any different from any large corporation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Continue to be humble and listen to your employees and you can't lose.

A flurry of birds lost atop a San Francisco building

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Twitter full-time

Pros: Food is rather good The new space is appealing and very… Cons: Most of the interactions I had were with people that refused to give into the scalability idea. They consider newer employees with experience from… Advice to Senior Management: If you spend the time and money to hire people to make changes to the way things are run, listen to those changes. Think… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Recruiting at Twitter

Lead Recruiter (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time for more than a year

Pros: Small teams, ability to make lots of impact, ability to create new processes and have high interaction with Sr. Managers and Directors. Amazing office… Cons: You have to wear multiple hats and pivot quickly. Some process/programs are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Twitter.

Worked for Twitter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Twitter reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Twitter CEO Dick Costolo. All reviews posted anonymously by Twitter employees.