Twitter

www.twitter.com

Best internship I've ever had

Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou will ship code used in production, you can have a say in virtually all company decisions, you will be generously compensated, you will learn a ton.

ConsYou may find yourself hindered by confusing internal tools that aren't managed well or well-documented. Depending on your team, you're likely to encounter a lot of friction before you get to real work.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate more resources on dev-prod. There should be teams devoted to evaluating, documenting, and updating all tools used tat the company.

Great internship experience!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Company culture based on teamwork, openness and trust. Daily opportunities to learn from some of the best engineers in the world. The company… Cons: Setting up the workspace takes days, sometimes weeks, and makes it slower… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A place where engineers control their destinies, and you *are* changing the world.

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: small teams, engineers own their own services (prod root, testing, alerting, design, end to end), tons of opportunity to work on fundamental infrastructure and relevance… Cons: Chaotic: engineering has not been very historically run by strong personalities, which lead to an environment where individual tech teams decided what to build. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Twitter.

Worked for Twitter? Contribute to the Community!