Twitter

about.twitter.com
  about.twitter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

A company full of smart driven people with immense opportunity

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunities for Advancement, Free Food, Interesting Work

Cons

No Gym in Building (Just Yoga and Crossfit)

191 Other Employee Reviews for Twitter (View Most Recent)

If you're comfortable with change, it's an exhilarating ride.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- A product and a brand that has the potential to reach global scale.
    - A company that puts it's users above all else.
    - Challenging problems to solve with many passionate and smart people who want to figure them out.
    - Open communication and transparency when it counts.
    - Company is supportive of finding the right long term fit, even if it isn't on the team you're currently on.
    - Lots of excitement! Lots of change and growth - can be jarring if you're not accustom to this kind of environment.

Cons

- While communication is generally open, it can be hard to find the right channels to get information (I still struggle with this).
    - Internal tools aren't always a priority to help improve productivity (although I've been spoiled by Google's in a prior life).
    - Some whining and entitlement issues from a vocal (and often anonymous) few.
    - Unclear growth and development path for managers (but people are working on this).
    - Constant growing pains. Lots of them, but almost a pro in the sense that we've worked through many of them successfully. (Seen a fail-whale lately?)
    - Old-timer blues.

Find the right balance between hiring leadership outside the company and promoting from within. The company often finds itself at odd with this, if you look at other reviews (e.g., "Twitter doesn't promote from within enough!" or "Twitter has inexperienced management!")

Amazing. As an intern, I get to have as much impact as a full-time software engineer.

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Twitter as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

While the perks are obviously fantastic, and nothing beats working on a new MacBook, having access to talented people while working in a relaxed environment really lets me be comfortable and productive. The several Hack Weeks we have throughout the year also let me explore different technologies and even play with some hardware.

Cons

Occasionally, the work environment is too casual, and it is easy to get distracted throughout the day (if that's considered a con).

There are newer employer reviews for Twitter