Junior Data Analyst - TwitterTV Boston

Current Employee - Junior Data Analyst in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Junior Data Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing team. Great support and encouragement by supervisors and management to develop professionally, test out new skills, and take initiatives on projects. While I'm not based in HQ, our office and my team has an incredible, collaborative culture. Lots of offsites and cross-team bonding happy hours.

Cons

Distributed office can sometimes feel disconnected from the HQ in San Francisco. Fewer opportunities to connect with different teams in different locations.

reviews filtered by

Transparent, accountable, original - really great place to work

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Twitter is an exceptionally transparent place. Senior team sets that bar very high. Also, we are charting our own course - not copying the playbook set out by other companies. we're a bit of an underdog, which definitely helps people identify with a common goal, common purpose. Twitter is a world-changing technology (from Arab Spring to 2012 Election to Boston Marathon, Twitter's there!)

Cons

growing up - and all the normal good and bad that comes with that. need more process in some places, install a little too much in others.

Advice to Management

continue to be so accessible. Really stands out - worked at Google and you needed an appointment to get an appointment with an admin who could maybe respond to an email about getting an appointment with someone senior. At Twitter, we just walk up to the senior team in the halls.

2. #Amazing since day one

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although it is quite cliche, the people at Twitter really are what makes this place special. You are surrounded by smart, hard-working people who genuinely care about the company. You truly feel like everyone is pulling the company in the same direction. Oh, and the food is amazing too!

Cons

With growth comes some minor growing pains as more people fit into the organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to be rigorous with hiring!