Twitter

about.twitter.com
  about.twitter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

Transparent, accountable, original - really great place to work

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Twitter is an exceptionally transparent place. Senior team sets that bar very high. Also, we are charting our own course - not copying the playbook set out by other companies. we're a bit of an underdog, which definitely helps people identify with a common goal, common purpose. Twitter is a world-changing technology (from Arab Spring to 2012 Election to Boston Marathon, Twitter's there!)

Cons

growing up - and all the normal good and bad that comes with that. need more process in some places, install a little too much in others.

continue to be so accessible. Really stands out - worked at Google and you needed an appointment to get an appointment with an admin who could maybe respond to an email about getting an appointment with someone senior. At Twitter, we just walk up to the senior team in the halls.

200 Other Employee Reviews for Twitter (View Most Recent)

Awesome

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

awesome place work at. Play hard, work hard. The food is great. the atmosphere is amazing. In teh presence of the best engineers and brightest people on earth!

Cons

Not that I can think of at the moment

Great job, great people, great perks

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Twitter is probably one of the best place to work at. The people are great, people care about your well-being from day one and the perks are good.

On the other hand, you are expected to work hard and be completely dedicated to your work. You will be given a lot and you are expected to give a lot back which makes perfect sense.

New-new hire orientation is solid and really useful plus you will get to meet some employees from the early-days.

Best way to see how it's like is to be invited by a friend or an acquaintance for lunch.

(The food is great; there are all kind of foods)

Cons

There are definitely carrier opportunities however during the first week, I felt an employee needed to move mountains to be promoted. My point of view isn't set yet so I will see in the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Twitter