Twitter

about.twitter.com
  about.twitter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

Game changing, not just another Rails startup, but now a serious company.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunities, great culture, and great people. Lots of exciting work, in cutting edge technologies, where there is no fear in trying to make the world a better place.

Cons

Hiring has been heavy, but where the new workers fit into the picture is somewhat of a mystery in many groups. Potential for lower quality hires due to sheer numbers.

Keep the company feeling in check avoid the bureaucracy that will inevitably result

200 Other Employee Reviews for Twitter (View Most Recent)

Work with the brightest and most passionate people in the Bay Area!

I have been working at Twitter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Twitter has more integrity than other companies. We respect the user's voice as well as our employees.
    - Twitter employees are passionate about changing the way the world communicates. You get to work with a diverse group of individuals who share a common mission.
    - Twitter promotes from within. You get an opportunity to expand beyond your current expertise and scope. You are always learning.
    - Despite growing 10x in my time here, I actually feel that our talent level has increased from the early days. We are able to attract the best talent in engineering, sales, sales marketing, comms, legal, BizDev and finance.

Cons

- A rotating door of product management leadership has hindered the product strategy for many years.

It really *is* about the people

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Twitter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Getting to work shoulder to should with some of the absolute top talent in in the industry is a big perk.

The SF headquarters has truly phenomenal facilities, and travel between offices happens easily.

Cons

Sometimes engineering decisions can get bogged down a little bit in bureaucracy, but I feel that's natural for a company of this size.

There are newer employer reviews for Twitter