There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

Game changing, not just another Rails startup, but now a serious company.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities, great culture, and great people. Lots of exciting work, in cutting edge technologies, where there is no fear in trying to make the world a better place.

Cons

Hiring has been heavy, but where the new workers fit into the picture is somewhat of a mystery in many groups. Potential for lower quality hires due to sheer numbers.

Advice to Management

Keep the company feeling in check avoid the bureaucracy that will inevitably result

Other Employee Reviews for Twitter

Work with the brightest and most passionate people in the Bay Area!

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Twitter has more integrity than other companies. We respect the user's voice as well as our employees. - Twitter employees are passionate about changing the way the world communicates. You get to work with a diverse group of individuals who share a common mission. - Twitter promotes from within. You get an opportunity to expand beyond your current expertise and scope. You are always learning. - Despite growing 10x in my time here, I actually feel that our talent level has increased from the early days. We are able to attract the best talent in engineering, sales, sales marketing, comms, legal, BizDev and finance.

Cons

- A rotating door of product management leadership has hindered the product strategy for many years.

Junior Data Analyst - TwitterTV Boston

Current Employee - Junior Data Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Junior Data Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing team. Great support and encouragement by supervisors and management to develop professionally, test out new skills, and take initiatives on projects. While I'm not based in HQ, our office and my team has an incredible, collaborative culture. Lots of offsites and cross-team bonding happy hours.

Cons

Distributed office can sometimes feel disconnected from the HQ in San Francisco. Fewer opportunities to connect with different teams in different locations.