I feel lucky every morning.

Current Employee - Software Engineer II  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer II in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great food, great compensation, great learning opportunities, great opportunities to jump into the fast growing code-base. You get to do what matters to the world. Great work/life balance as well.

Cons

Well, I am not a big fan of San Francisco. It's a dirty and dangerous city.

Maybe incentives?

Other Reviews for Twitter

Amazing company culture, massive growth potential and really interesting product.

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaboration - everyone here is pushing towards a common goal, we all want to see the company grow and become more successful. Wickedly smart people - we have some of the best people in their field but because the culture is so collaborative rarely do those smart people beat you over the head with their intellect. Speed of decision - decisions are made quickly so we can move into execution swiftly, decisions are supported by data but not to excess.

Cons

It is chaotic and shows signs of a company that has gone through some rapid growth. Things often aren't written down and there is a lot of work to do to support this growth. However that is a really exciting con to have to deal with as the company expands and brings onboard talent from other, larger companies there's a danger that the culture will get diluted.

Keep on doing what you are doing. The culture here is something you should be proud of, don't let the growth in the company kill that.

Promising Start - Questionable Future

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Food, Coworkers, Innovative atmosphere, work-life balance, perks at workplace

Cons

Increasingly puzzling decisions by Sr. Execs. Such as promoting individuals to Director or higher level even though experience does not support. More as reward for being part of company from beginning than based on good, practical, business sense / decisions. Also, comany does not seem to be working on biggest problem for future of company which is growing user base by making Twitter more appealing to broader user base - seems more interested in becoming part of mainstream media

Bring in Sr. Management with experience in the areas you wish to strengthen. Do not promote inexperienced individuals as nothing more than a reward for being with company longer than newer hires (even though they are better suited). Company needs to begin acting like a global corporation, not a start up any more. Focus first on why more people don't use Twitter.

There are newer employer reviews for Twitter.

Worked for Twitter? Contribute to the Community!