Twitter

There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

Promising Start - Questionable Future

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Food, Coworkers, Innovative atmosphere, work-life balance, perks at workplace

Cons

Increasingly puzzling decisions by Sr. Execs. Such as promoting individuals to Director or higher level even though experience does not support. More as reward for being part of company from beginning than based on good, practical, business sense / decisions. Also, comany does not seem to be working on biggest problem for future of company which is growing user base by making Twitter more appealing to broader user base - seems more interested in becoming part of mainstream media

Bring in Sr. Management with experience in the areas you wish to strengthen. Do not promote inexperienced individuals as nothing more than a reward for being with company longer than newer hires (even though they are better suited). Company needs to begin acting like a global corporation, not a start up any more. Focus first on why more people don't use Twitter.

199 Other Employee Reviews for Twitter (View Most Recent)

Amazing company culture, massive growth potential and really interesting product.

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Collaboration - everyone here is pushing towards a common goal, we all want to see the company grow and become more successful. Wickedly smart people - we have some of the best people in their field but because the culture is so collaborative rarely do those smart people beat you over the head with their intellect. Speed of decision - decisions are made quickly so we can move into execution swiftly, decisions are supported by data but not to excess.

Cons

It is chaotic and shows signs of a company that has gone through some rapid growth. Things often aren't written down and there is a lot of work to do to support this growth. However that is a really exciting con to have to deal with as the company expands and brings onboard talent from other, larger companies there's a danger that the culture will get diluted.

Keep on doing what you are doing. The culture here is something you should be proud of, don't let the growth in the company kill that.

Great company

Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, lots of people with similar goals and interests, tools I need to do my job. Often find myself working for the fun of it rather than to keep management happy. Lots of room to move up here.

Cons

Too many people here expecting the world to bend to their whim. Twentitled being a commonly used word. Often working with so many smart people you can get issues with people not being willing to bend because they believe they are right. Often slow to fire problem employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Twitter