Twitter

There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

Very good so far

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall, in many ways like Google at ~2004-2005 - but, fortunately, more relaxed. There is enough "green field" work, though less than 16 months ago when I joined. People are pretty energetic and motivated, but, fortunately, not up to the point of being aggressive or creating hierarchical cults. The overall culture is still in many ways engineer-driven. There is free food (very good) and even free beer :) Vacation policy is more or less "get as much as you need, provided it's ok with your manager". There is a free shuttle to the Bay Area... and, oh, yes - the IPO worked very well for employees, as far as I can tell.

Cons

It's difficult to find high-quality engineers and especially managers these days. I feel like the two managers added recently to my extended group are not extremely technically sharp. Also, I feel like occasionally the management in different parts of the company is unable to make a firm decision in one area or another, and lets things drag on their own for too long.

Don't lower the hiring bar. And encourage or even force competent managers to be more decisive. Some solution is usually better than no solution, and broken windows that stay broken for months aren't great.

206 Other Employee Reviews for Twitter (View Most Recent)

DREAM JOB

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hands down this is the BEST place I've ever worked. Twitter allows for personal growth as well as career growth. The greatness of the company is found in the caliber of the people that work there. Everyone is insanely smart and humble.

Cons

The company is getting a big big....

Chaotic and energetic

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Twitter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good engineering-driven culture with plenty of smart, energetic people who are eager to do great things. Company culture is surprisingly mature and driven, with a strong focus on the customer and the employees.

Cons

The company is growing fast and has plenty of technical debt. It can be chaotic at times, and occasionally frustrating. Leadership changes are frequent and brutal. All of this, though, doesn't affect the day-to-day of most engineers, as far as I can tell.

There are newer employer reviews for Twitter