He is great. Great company

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Cranston, RI
Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Tyco as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money for an intern. Alot of responsibility for an intern. Good jump start for a career in business. Great perks.

Cons

No overtime. No paid time off. No vacation. Benefits aren't available for interns. It's hourly.

Other Employee Reviews for Tyco

1. Finance Manager

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Itasca, TX
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Itasca, TX

I worked at Tyco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty Good Benefits overall especially in this economy

Cons

can be long hours at times

Used to be proud of working for Simplex, now I'm just hoping to survive the several years I have until retirement.

Current Employee - Service Technician in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Service Technician in East Peoria, IL

Pros

Pay scale is alright for a service rep. Vacation/paid time off is adequate. Enjoy working as a resident technician and basically working my territory out of my home.

Cons

The company has lost its ability to care about people, both customers and employees. The service department has been taken out of the hands of service background people and put into the hands of bean counters. Micro-management is the norm. Common sense is no longer tolerated.

Advice to Management

I understand the profit motive as it equates to stock holders and dividends. However, we made a profit for years by putting the customer and their needs first. I've lost several 20+ year customers because it is too difficult to get through our system to set up a service call. As a manager at a large state university told me, he "didn't have 20 minutes to spare" every time he wanted to set up a service call. His time is money too. He now uses another company. Let's get common sense back into the system.