Tyco

www.tyco.com
  www.tyco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tyco

good company

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Tyco full-time

Pros

clear structure , strategy deployment , resource managmenet , cash incentatives, product life cycle managment , operational excellence , budget contraol , 401K

Cons

weak HR , budget contstrains for assets and tools, tight expense controls, a lot of travel , vacation benefit, long term compaensation, stock options

none

350 Other Employee Reviews for Tyco (View Most Recent)

it a challenging and fast paced environment

I have been working at Tyco

Pros

Good company to work for - six sigma training encouraged - work from home is available.

Cons

Not an overall finance company. Salary is not so competitive comparing to other similar companies

Old Timer

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Tyco full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good opportunities for advancement. Great benefits and adequate equipment. Simplex is a recognized name in the industry and has a large market share.

Cons

I worked for Simplex for over 30 years and am now retired. We used to be the leader in time and attendance and life safety. Now Simplex is almost non-existent in the time and attendance and an also ran in life safety. These changes have happened when the focus of the company went from the customer to the bottom line. This was happening before the purchase by, Tyco but that only accelerated the process. Simplex provided me with a great career but I am glad I retired when I did.

Get involved with the day to day operations. Of course the bottom line is important but without the customers there isn't any bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Tyco