There are newer employer reviews for Tyco

senior buyer

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Franklin, TN
Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Franklin, TN

I worked at Tyco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible, opinions mattered, in touch management

Cons

combined senior buyers and planner jobs

realize the senior buyer asset

216 Other Employee Reviews for Tyco (View Most Recent)

In the throws of change but things should get better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Tyco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are average for the industry.

Cons

Bonuses are getting much tougher to reach.

Remember customers are necessary.

Decent experience overall -- you do the day, come home, and pay the bills.

Current Employee - CSG/Inbound/Tech Support in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - CSG/Inbound/Tech Support in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Tyco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Virtually an unsupervised atmosphere. Every single job I've had there was some manager/supervisor/lead/whatever hovering and bothering me during my every move. You are responsible for your work done here. You've really gotta be a self-reliant, self-motivated and hard working person to successfully do what they want you to do. Another pro is the monthly performance bonus. There is decent paid-time-off policy with a lot of other agreeable corporate policy that are quite agreeable. The work is very fast-paced, the days often go by quickly. You are entirely focused on the call with the customer: essentially, that's your main interaction. Most of the managers are approachable. The training staff people are VERY, very kind and helpful people. They make your lengthy training experience very rewarding, fun, and interactive -- and most of all, they prepare you very well to go and do the job.

Cons

The location itself is just simply.... disappointing. The building is like some sort of 70s-dated bunker... just totally flat, plain, and extremely outdated. The call center at times sounds like the new york stock exchange. The staffing can become so unbalanced and poorly managed that it's simply too noisy to feel comfortably focused. For this location -- I have no clue how some of these people work here. Diversity is one thing, but the staff here is something else. Everyone looks like they've rolled out of bed and sleepwalked to work. Unfriendly kids everywhere. The median age seemed to be surprisingly young -- and not exactly the kind of youth full of personal aspirations, but the more hardened kinds of people that settle for work like this permanently.
    After you finish doing EDO, before you even finish a MONTH on the floor doing THAT job -- they are manipulating and conniving you into "being promoted to CSG" which is the tiny step above EDO, and they toss a stupid raise at the offer as well, which was pretty darn low. You're bothered weekly by team leads, unit managers, etc. The lady who hired me spoke to me for the 2nd time ever -- only to digress how perfect I would be in CSG. How would she know that? How would anyone? I had hardly even worked there and no one even pays attention to whether I've done a good or bad job, honestly... and eventually, they reel you into a CSG class and it's totally different from that point on. CSG is not tech support -- it's handling a bunch of nonsense that no one else wants to deal with. Most of my inbound calls are misdirected to me and I am talking to someone making yet another mistaken pit-stop in our endless dialing network... The call volumes get very intense with no relief in sight and your brain begins to deplete. By the end of your shift you're crawling for the door so fast you would never let a person in sight try to stop you from going home.

Be more present. Don't only acknowledge your existence when the employees are in trouble. Be down to earth and realize this is the most unglamorous place to work in -- so just realize your team is not living their dream job, try to go easy on them, get to know them, take notice, remember that they work for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Tyco