Tyco

www.tyco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tyco

Rollercoster`

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Tyco full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company car and incentives for getting your quota. Great products to sell. Good holiday plan.
Like the people I work with.

Cons

They have let a lot of knowledgeable people go.
Don't seem to realize we are slowly losing business because we don't have suport staff.
More interested in bottom line than customer service.

Bring back people who know the industry.

372 Other Employee Reviews for Tyco (View Most Recent)

Profitability through 'head count'.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Tyco full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company vehicle, decent salary, good local people to work with. People at the district level are committed to their jobs and customers.

Cons

Increasing distrust of senior management, originating with the CEO. If the company has a bad month or quarter, the answer is to reduce head count. Hiring freezes are pretty much the norm, even if a district is sorely needing in field staff to keep up with current backlog. Good luck trying to convince whatever bean counter is in charge that particular day you need the manpower. Management doesn't understand the implications of getting to a project late. They preach growth, but only growth on the bottom line, done through staff elimination. Stress is unreal, because you have to do 3 other people's jobs since they've been let go. This company is setting itself up for failure - experienced people are being replaced with accountants. This is a company run by spreadsheet, not by innovative leaders. Profits cannot possibly be sustainable, there aren't many people with any field knowledge left! Tons of corporate 'support' though. The problem is, no one at the district level has any idea what all these corporate managers actually do.

Every company needs accountants, sure, but use common sense and trust the people you've put in charge at the district level. Had a bad month? Quarter? Rather than getting rid of people, why don't you try to find the root cause? Every person you remove takes years to recover from. When will managers actually outnumber sales/design/admin/field staff? Layers and layers and layers of management make getting anything done in this company nearly impossible. Hire some IT staff too.. We're still running on XP!

Review

I have been working at Tyco

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

no cons identified as of yet.

There are newer employer reviews for Tyco