Shady place to work

Former Employee - Electronics Field Technician in Conyers, GA
Former Employee - Electronics Field Technician in Conyers, GA

Pros

Company vehicle, cell, vehicle maintenance, laptop. Good benefits if you can get them, 401K, employee stock purchase, great health benefits.

Cons

It's more like your in high school again you will always hear so much gossip. You are always under stress and worrying about who's watching you on gps or if you have enough hours on ACE. There are no warnings about anything it's just sudden. The communication sucks so you have to have a paper trail about everything you do. There's a new TSM every 2 to 3 years. You always have to hear the customers complain about how much the company charges them because Simplex is expensive. It's just irritating and I'm actually more happier now than I was working there because they laid me off for really no reason. I feel that way because I was an employee that was advancing my education and they didn't like that too much and I was 1 out of 2 techs that have a degree and I was doing my training on LMS and had already went to one of the school before some that had been there for 10 years did. I can go on all day about this, but that's how bad it was for me.

Advice to Management

Reward employees and communicate better. I would have been more encourage if my supervisor would have called me to correct me on anything and to congratulate me. This company needs to stop benefiting it's managers so much and focus on the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Tyco

Not a bad place to work if you can put up with managment and don't mind waiting for everything.

Current Employee - Service Technician in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Good Health and dental insurance as well as 401K matching.

Cons

Management says it has an open door policy, but that does not mean an open mind policy sometimes they will listen to you comments and dismiss them just as fast.

Advice to Management

Treatment of employees on a district level is not as good as it could be.

A Learning Experience

Current Employee - Software Testing Contractor in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Testing Contractor in Princeton, NJ

Pros

You will get to meet plenty of skilled and talented people at Tyco. Most of my coworkers and associates were friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

As in any big business, there seems to be plenty of red tape right when you feel like you really want to get something done. It breaks up your rhythm but sometimes its necessary.

Advice to Management

I think it would be great to see the upper levels of management make more appearances for the lower side to show they are interested in seeing how things are going.