Tyler Technologies

Terrible

Current Employee - IT Tech in Falmouth, ME
Current Employee - IT Tech in Falmouth, ME

I have been working at Tyler Technologies

Pros

Will hire nearly anyone with higher education

Cons

Hire anyone with no tech knowledge
Management doesn;t listen. In one ear out another
High Support Staff turnover
promote wrong people
don;t take care of valuable staff

listen to ideas, take care of those who know their job and have 15 people turning to them

101 Other Employee Reviews for Tyler Technologies (View Most Recent)

The overall company is healthy and the C&J division is stable, growing, and has opportunity for employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Tyler Technologies

Pros

(C&J division) Leadership has a desire to aggressively and creatively pursue new markets, products, and opportunities. This is a real opportunity as we are already a market leader and this can propel Tyler to the next level whereby our competitors would never catch up. Open book policy for quarterly communication of company goals and performance.

Cons

(C&J division) The burden of meeting current commitments limits the ability to meet the aspirations above. Inadequate preparation of PS staff places burden on all departments. (Corporate-wide) Transitioning to a corporate-wide IT structure which seems too lean; as a result individual division/departments are essentially told "it's your problem, not mine". "Total Tyler", an effort to consolidate and leverage Tyler products between divisions, which well intentioned does not yet exhibit evidence of a commitment to be staffed and supported for success.

A lot of great stuff happening, and a lot of solid decisions behind them. (Corporate) Make sure corporate IT and Total Tyler are done right -- don't skimp on it! (C&J) Make the next generation software priority #1.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yarmouth, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yarmouth, ME

I have been working at Tyler Technologies

Pros

Freedom to perform job, as long as I accomplish goals-no micromanagement. Management allows me to balance work with family responsibilities. Excellent benefits, good 401K match, employee stock purchase plan, excellent vacation plan, allows home office/telecommuting, challenging and rewarding work experience.

Cons

They only real con is the amount of travel involved but then again I would rather travel than be stuck in a cubicle with a micromanaging manger looking over my shoulder. The company does a good job helping employees balance travel with home life.

Keep up the recent strides in employee recognition and appreciation. A daycare center would be a nice addition to the corporate campus allowing parents can be closer to their children during the work week.

There are newer employer reviews for Tyler Technologies