Quick Review

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Lubbock, TX
Current Employee - QA Analyst in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time

Pros

- Generally good people at all levels, who care about the product, customer, and each other.
- Can be a fun environment (depending on team, expectations, and attitude).
- Plenty of work to keep you busy.

Cons

- Communication between teams and departments is often lacking.
- Younger employees with big flash but little substance are often promoted and idolized.
- While quality is often defined as a goal, it is often superseded by quantity.
- Management and administration can easily fall into the trap of being hierarchical and secretive.

Advice to Management

- Don't overemphasize numbers, without understanding the underlying metrics.
- Communicate the goals, expectations, and focus of the company in more detail. Current employees who already have domain knowledge will rise to the needs and expectations of the company.
- Don't hire a new employee for a single desired skill (especially for a management role). Express the need or desire to current employees. We will enjoy the creative challenge and won't be forced to relearn a new management style or expectations. Too many change-it, scrap-it, refactor-it situations devalues past performances and breeds uncertainty in future expectations and performance.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Glad I am a part of a reputable company like Tyler Technologies

Current Employee - Current Employee in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tyler does a good job about helping people get to where they want within the company. They also do what they can to reward you and keep you as well. The leadership is very strong and helps to ensure future leaders that will serve the team and make the company stronger. Managers are flexible and do everything they can to help their employees in every circumstance that comes their way. The bosses are awesome and work very hard! We work hard at Tyler but we also have a good time in the process. Also have great benefits that start the day you ar employeed with the company. Wonderful company to work for!!

Advice to Management

I am proud to be a part of a reputable company like Tyler!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time

Pros

Tyler is a great company to be a part of for many reasons.

* The leadership truly cares about the direction of the company and strives to do the right thing in every circumstance
    *Every member on the Tyler team plays an integral role in the success of the company. Our Support team is phenomenal!
    * Managers are flexible and willing to work with people in varying circumstances -from working remotely to taking time off for family reasons. I guarantee the bosses at Tyler are the best!
    *We work hard and have a good time in the process. The culture here fosters a mentality that acknowledges the truth that we spend most of our time at work so we want to enjoy our time here.
    *If you are a top performer, Tyler will reward you and do what they can to keep you. -That's a big deal!
    *Tyler also does a great job of trying to help people get to where they want to be within the company. They want to get the right people in the right seat on the bus!

Cons

As a satisfied employee, I am not naive to the fact that we are not perfect.
    *There are initiatives in place to get employees the training and mangaers they need.
    *Within business things are constantly changing so we are constantly evaluating our processes to be sure we are most effective as a company, which brings about change regularly. This is not a con, but for those who are not used to a changing and fast-paced environment, this can prove to be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of creative ways to encourage, support, grow, train, and mentor the members on your teams. You are in the position to truly impact the company by the way you treat your employees and help grow them into future leaders.