Tyler Technologies

www.tylertech.com
  www.tylertech.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tyler Technologies

Tyler is a great company to work for, good culture and high integrity

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the staff, the clients and the products

Cons

As with any big organization, things are not always done in the most efficient manner

Continue to grow and develop your staff and middle management, continue to invest in your products

101 Other Employee Reviews for Tyler Technologies (View Most Recent)

Tyler is a respectful organization & I'm proud to be part of it.

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

• Tyler seems to really value the employees and care about our lives.
    • There are many social events for employees and their families. The people who work here are amazing & they really do become an encouraging and supportive “family”.
    • Tyler’s leadership keeps the company running effectively and profitably (with integrity which is very important to me). I’ve experienced the opposite so I feel I can offer insight here.
    • Tyler has provided tuition reimbursement, reimbursement for seminars and certifications, as well as in-house training opportunities - I’ve personally experienced each of these at Tyler.
    • Career opportunity is definitely available for those who are interested in pursuing it. I feel I can ask about new opportunities if they aren’t clearly placed in front of me. I know I will be heard.
    • Tyler provides a great deal of client-based training in which employees can also get very involved. Tyler is a collaborative learning environment.
    • Employees from nearly every department here typically know just how their daily work directly impacts the lives of their clients. They often know their clients 1:1 (some are even considered friends). This is not always the case with larger software companies or support/IT firms.

Cons

• It is a mid-sized company that has grown from many acquisitions. Each location has its own story of how they originated and how they integrated with Tyler (but many employees don’t know those stories or how to separate them). Absorbing the full company’s identity (at the local branch level) can be confusing. On a positive note: the branch location reaffirms the family-feel of a tight-knit, smaller company. In other words, the larger side of organization has not stripped the history nor the smaller company identity away.
    • On-the-job-training is better than it was when I started a few years ago but could get better. It seems Tyler is taking meaningful steps towards improvement in this area.

We enjoy your visits to our smaller offices and like when you ask us about our lives – please don’t stop.

Many of us are extremely loyal to Tyler. Please continue to encourage us to grow with the company and support our development as individuals as well as within teams. With much growth and the many promotions, please don’t forget those of us who aren’t readily offered a new role immediately. Some may be shy in coming to you to ask for new opportunities. Ask us how each of us feels we can best serve Tyler in the long-run and what would be most meaningful to each of us.

Thank you for building the successful organization that I am proud to work for.

Quick Review

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Tyler Technologies full-time

Pros

- Generally good people at all levels, who care about the product, customer, and each other.
    - Can be a fun environment (depending on team, expectations, and attitude).
    - Plenty of work to keep you busy.

Cons

- Communication between teams and departments is often lacking.
    - Younger employees with big flash but little substance are often promoted and idolized.
    - While quality is often defined as a goal, it is often superseded by quantity.
    - Management and administration can easily fall into the trap of being hierarchical and secretive.

- Don't overemphasize numbers, without understanding the underlying metrics.
    - Communicate the goals, expectations, and focus of the company in more detail. Current employees who already have domain knowledge will rise to the needs and expectations of the company.
    - Don't hire a new employee for a single desired skill (especially for a management role). Express the need or desire to current employees. We will enjoy the creative challenge and won't be forced to relearn a new management style or expectations. Too many change-it, scrap-it, refactor-it situations devalues past performances and breeds uncertainty in future expectations and performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Tyler Technologies