Tyonek Native Corporation
www.tyonek.com Tyonek, AK 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Job for veteran with a background in aircraft maintenance

Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee)
Norfolk, VA

ProsGreat starting pay. All tools are provided. Co-workers are skilled, reliable and fun to be around. It is a great pathway to a U.S. Civil service job (likely at the same facility, working with the same people), but it could take years. The in-area supervisors are great people.

ConsYou have to work an entire year before you can take any paid vacation. There are typically no raises. The great guys there two years make the same as the newest hire. Succeptable to layoffs, especially as long as the federal government is disfunction

Advice to Senior ManagementSee "cons" above. Figure out a way for new hires to get a common access card (CAC). Quit relying on the fact that most of us have retired military ID cards for base access. Without them we have no access to the (networked) computers.

Contract Work

Contractor (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great salary and good benefits. Cons: Contract work is not as stable as full time employment. More

If you like "restructures", you will love this place!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Anchorage, AK

I worked at Tyonek Native Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Depending on your supervisor...you may have a flexible schedule. … Cons: Good ol' boys club = Understatement. Staff changes constantly, mostly by downsizing...only months later management decides to "create" a new job again... coincidentally it… Advice to Senior Management: Acknowledge the good staff you have before you loose them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tyonek Native Corporation.

Worked for Tyonek Native Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tyonek Native Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tyonek Native Corporation CEO Bart Garber. All reviews posted anonymously by Tyonek Native Corporation employees.