Tyson Foods

www.tysonfoods.com
  www.tysonfoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tyson Foods

Great Company to work for if you live in Springdale or are willing to relocate.

I worked at Tyson Foods full-time

Pros

Job security, room for advancement if you are at corporate of willing to relocate.

Cons

Easy to get stuck in one place for years. Higher Management does not go to the source personally if there is an issue, they rely on biased input. There is no such thing as personal information.

Honesty is best. There is no such thing as a secret at Tyson. Work on REAL professionalism. The training and direction is there for leaders but not everyone should be a manager.

139 Other Employee Reviews for Tyson Foods (View Most Recent)

Most of my time at Tyson I felt I was treated kindly, fairly, and well paid.

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Springdale, AR
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Springdale, AR

I worked at Tyson Foods full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for an OTR driver. Many paid holidays. Pretty good equipment and mechanics usually did good jobs. Tyson was good at reimbursing out-of-pocket expenses and keeping on top of any issues I had.

Cons

Drivers only received 1 day off for every 6 days out. Most would stay out about 2 weeks, but I would stay out 6 weeks so I could have a week off. I wouldn't advise doing that. Tyson has many plants in multiple states and the rules and S.O.P.'s are different at each. That can get frustrating. Probably the most annoying thing are all the idiot security and gate guards that are on little power trips, although there are just as many good ones.

I would advise giving 2 days off for every 7 spent on the road. Also, when a truck breaks down and Tyson sends you another truck, they need to make sure that that truck is cleaned out of property from last driver. This happened to me twice while I worked there and It made that time on the road quite miserable with my belongings and another drivers' belongings packed into the truck cab.

Its who you know to advance

Former Employee - Supervisor in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Tyson Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have good Benefits and insurance.

Cons

No matter how hard of a worker you are at your job, its not recognized management.

Management needs to be more involved with the jobs that employees do. Mentor TM to help

advance the ones that want to advance their career.

There are newer employer reviews for Tyson Foods