There are newer employer reviews for Tyson Foods

Its who you know to advance

Former Employee - Supervisor in Fayetteville, AR
Former Employee - Supervisor in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Tyson Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have good Benefits and insurance.

Cons

No matter how hard of a worker you are at your job, its not recognized management.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more involved with the jobs that employees do. Mentor TM to help

advance the ones that want to advance their career.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. "OK"

Current Employee - Environmental, Health & Safety
    Current Employee - Environmental, Health & Safety

I have been working at Tyson Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

While there is a sharp learning curve in this train-yourself environment, it eventually serves as a good learning experience for motivated candidates.

Cons

Reactive vs. proactive. Resistance to invest in infrastructure and equipment. Poor work/life balance.

2. Most of my time at Tyson I felt I was treated kindly, fairly, and well paid.

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Springdale, AR
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Springdale, AR

I worked at Tyson Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for an OTR driver. Many paid holidays. Pretty good equipment and mechanics usually did good jobs. Tyson was good at reimbursing out-of-pocket expenses and keeping on top of any issues I had.

Cons

Drivers only received 1 day off for every 6 days out. Most would stay out about 2 weeks, but I would stay out 6 weeks so I could have a week off. I wouldn't advise doing that. Tyson has many plants in multiple states and the rules and S.O.P.'s are different at each. That can get frustrating. Probably the most annoying thing are all the idiot security and gate guards that are on little power trips, although there are just as many good ones.

Advice to Management

I would advise giving 2 days off for every 7 spent on the road. Also, when a truck breaks down and Tyson sends you another truck, they need to make sure that that truck is cleaned out of property from last driver. This happened to me twice while I worked there and It made that time on the road quite miserable with my belongings and another drivers' belongings packed into the truck cab.