U-Haul
www.uhaul.com 50 to 149 Employees

More done with fewer people at lower wages

Elkhart, IN

ProsWork with good people. All U-Haul employees are smart, hardworking and enthusiastic about their jobs. Access to U-Haul equipment at discount prices, sometimes free. You'll learn a lot about trucks, trailers and the moving business. Get experience driving a forklift and dispensing propane. U-Haul definitely looks good on a resume.

ConsHigh turnover while the bad get weeded out. if you're one of the good ones its not uncommon to get stuck working by yourself for 12 hours. Depending on location, stores profit goals can be unreasonable. If store is not profitable, you'll never see more than $8 an hour. Full time means you work 60+ hours a week at $9-$10 an hour equivalent salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementRule by respect, not fear. Treat your golden boys and girls like gold, not like replaceable cogs. Don't rely on someone behind a desk who has never worked at a center to tell you how a center should be run.

Not the best

Newington, VA

I have been working at U-Haul part-time for more than a year

Pros: Work outside, good training in customer service, learn general knowledge… Cons: high stress environment for extremely low pay, no real room for advancement, no benefits with… Advice to Senior Management: treat your employees with more respect, we may not do that much in the grand scheme of things but without… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Forget having any life outside of work

Cumming, GA

I have been working at U-Haul part-time for more than a year

Pros: Lot of customers are really fun to deal with and have a good conversations with. I really enjoy… Cons: The manager I have is very disrespectful, and always talks down to me reminds me of mistakes i made that are not relevant. Also tells… Advice to Senior Management: Please when you hire managers make sure to follow up with the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on U-Haul.

Worked for U-Haul? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U-Haul reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U-Haul CEO Joe Shoen. All reviews posted anonymously by U-Haul employees.