Horrible Management

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Waterloo, IA
Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Waterloo, IA

I worked at U-Haul part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

relaxed, variety of tasks, good co workers and getting to interact with a lot of different people. Learned a few new skills, raises every few months and able to keep busy with things that needed to be done around the business.

Cons

bad higher management, bad communication. Nothing was ever correct between management and corporate management. Never knew what the correct policies were, because store management would say one thing, then corporate would say another.

Advice to Management

better communication!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

More done with fewer people at lower wages

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elkhart, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elkhart, IN

I have been working at U-Haul part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with good people. All U-Haul employees are smart, hardworking and enthusiastic about their jobs. Access to U-Haul equipment at discount prices, sometimes free. You'll learn a lot about trucks, trailers and the moving business. Get experience driving a forklift and dispensing propane. U-Haul definitely looks good on a resume.

Cons

High turnover while the bad get weeded out. if you're one of the good ones its not uncommon to get stuck working by yourself for 12 hours. Depending on location, stores profit goals can be unreasonable. If store is not profitable, you'll never see more than $8 an hour. Full time means you work 60+ hours a week at $9-$10 an hour equivalent salary.

Advice to Management

Rule by respect, not fear. Treat your golden boys and girls like gold, not like replaceable cogs. Don't rely on someone behind a desk who has never worked at a center to tell you how a center should be run.

Not the best

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newington, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newington, VA

I have been working at U-Haul part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work outside, good training in customer service, learn general knowledge about trucks and vehicles in general, basic sales knowledge.

Cons

high stress environment for extremely low pay, no real room for advancement, no benefits with part time (all employees except management classified as part time), only holiday off is Christmas Day

Advice to Management

treat your employees with more respect, we may not do that much in the grand scheme of things but without us you dont have a business, with one word we can turn customers to the competition, we deserve what we've earned