Family feel; in Corporate America

Current Employee - Area Field Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Area Field Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at U-Haul full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training and ability to grow within U-Haul is limitless. Once you are part of the family; they like to promote from within. Their benefit package is beyond belief and is structured to take care of you and your family.

Cons

As an Area Field Manager the expectations to add more and more Independent U-Haul Authorized dealers becomes canibalistic to the current dealers in a small area. You also have to combat Village and County ordinances with absolutely no help except from a sustainability packet; someone in Arizona will email it to you. If you have a degree in Real Estate Law or Politics, then you will be fine.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Horrible Management

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Waterloo, IA

I worked at U-Haul part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

relaxed, variety of tasks, good co workers and getting to interact with a lot of different people. Learned a few new skills, raises every few months and able to keep busy with things that needed to be done around the business.

Cons

bad higher management, bad communication. Nothing was ever correct between management and corporate management. Never knew what the correct policies were, because store management would say one thing, then corporate would say another.

Advice to Management

better communication!

Not the best

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newington, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newington, VA

I have been working at U-Haul part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work outside, good training in customer service, learn general knowledge about trucks and vehicles in general, basic sales knowledge.

Cons

high stress environment for extremely low pay, no real room for advancement, no benefits with part time (all employees except management classified as part time), only holiday off is Christmas Day

Advice to Management

treat your employees with more respect, we may not do that much in the grand scheme of things but without us you dont have a business, with one word we can turn customers to the competition, we deserve what we've earned