U-Haul

www.uhaul.com

Hard work and dedication will pay off!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Working for U-Haul has been a great experience, they treat their employees well and want you to learn all you can about the business. If you ask questions and get involved you an learn a lot about a company that's been the leader in the industry for almost 75 years. I've dedicated a lot of my time to this company over the past 7 years and I feel like I have gained more real business experience than anyone else my age. This is not a place to work if you want to show up at 8AM just your job and leave 5PM, you'll never advance. Our CEO, Joe Shoen, works harder than anyone I've ever met, he's a great example for young professionals. Hard work and dedication to making the customer's experience better is part of our company culture.

Cons

I could leave tomorrow and do the same job, probably work less hours and make more money, but I probably wouldn't have the opportunities and exposure to the business that I do at U-Haul. I have plenty of time to make more money, the business experience I've gained here is invaluable.

Always make sure everyone you have on your team is there to support the customer and other team members.

Other reviews for U-Haul

Family feel; in Corporate America

Current Employee - Area Field Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Area Field Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

The training and ability to grow within U-Haul is limitless. Once you are part of the family; they like to promote from within. Their benefit package is beyond belief and is structured to take care of you and your family.

Cons

As an Area Field Manager the expectations to add more and more Independent U-Haul Authorized dealers becomes canibalistic to the current dealers in a small area. You also have to combat Village and County ordinances with absolutely no help except from a sustainability packet; someone in Arizona will email it to you. If you have a degree in Real Estate Law or Politics, then you will be fine.

Horrible Management

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative  in  Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Waterloo, IA

Pros

relaxed, variety of tasks, good co workers and getting to interact with a lot of different people. Learned a few new skills, raises every few months and able to keep busy with things that needed to be done around the business.

Cons

bad higher management, bad communication. Nothing was ever correct between management and corporate management. Never knew what the correct policies were, because store management would say one thing, then corporate would say another.

better communication!

There are newer employer reviews for U-Haul.

Worked for U-Haul? Contribute to the Community!