There are newer employer reviews for U-Haul

Customer Service Rep.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Aurora, IL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Aurora, IL

I have been working at U-Haul part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and schedule are really nice. There is generally a lot of down time in the winter, which can be used however you please.

Cons

It is a lot of hard physical work and mentally the customers can be difficult to deal with. Customers will take out their frustration on you.

227 Other Employee Reviews for U-Haul (View Most Recent)

Hard work and dedication will pay off!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at U-Haul full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for U-Haul has been a great experience, they treat their employees well and want you to learn all you can about the business. If you ask questions and get involved you an learn a lot about a company that's been the leader in the industry for almost 75 years. I've dedicated a lot of my time to this company over the past 7 years and I feel like I have gained more real business experience than anyone else my age. This is not a place to work if you want to show up at 8AM just your job and leave 5PM, you'll never advance. Our CEO, Joe Shoen, works harder than anyone I've ever met, he's a great example for young professionals. Hard work and dedication to making the customer's experience better is part of our company culture.

Cons

I could leave tomorrow and do the same job, probably work less hours and make more money, but I probably wouldn't have the opportunities and exposure to the business that I do at U-Haul. I have plenty of time to make more money, the business experience I've gained here is invaluable.

Always make sure everyone you have on your team is there to support the customer and other team members.

Family feel; in Corporate America

Current Employee - Area Field Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Area Field Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at U-Haul full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The training and ability to grow within U-Haul is limitless. Once you are part of the family; they like to promote from within. Their benefit package is beyond belief and is structured to take care of you and your family.

Cons

As an Area Field Manager the expectations to add more and more Independent U-Haul Authorized dealers becomes canibalistic to the current dealers in a small area. You also have to combat Village and County ordinances with absolutely no help except from a sustainability packet; someone in Arizona will email it to you. If you have a degree in Real Estate Law or Politics, then you will be fine.

There are newer employer reviews for U-Haul

Worked for U-Haul? Contribute to the Community!