U-Haul
www.uhaul.com 50 to 149 Employees

Overall a good company with good intentions, but they don't always get carried out as predicted

Center Storage Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

Pros#1 Benefits are excellent
#2 Immediate management is super
#3 Recognition for accomplishments and support for advancement

ConsScheduled nights, weekends, holidays
#1 Job description highly inaccurate
#2 We deal with a very difficult customer base, as they are almost always in a "stressed-out, ready to explode" mood b/c they just had a horrendous move they completed (one of the major life stressors). Customer Service is extremely difficult.
#3 No training and most employees are Part Time (as required by U-haul) so there is large turn-over and no real loyalty to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining, training, training...in a uniformed, organized method (possibly should have a position that goes to several locations and focuses only on training).

Personally fulfilling but difficult for family life

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at U-Haul full-time for more than a year

Pros: The ability to help people relocate was a great aspect of… Cons: The long hours were a very hard thing to deal with along… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't care about employee's or customersbout customers and employees

Ecenter Sales & Reservations (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at U-Haul part-time for less than a year

Pros: Work from Home, decent income during the busy times. Cons: Customers are very unhappy and stressed because they are moving. If they were explained things more they wouldn't be. Most of the consultants will hang… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the good employee's who care about the customers even if they have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on U-Haul.

Worked for U-Haul? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U-Haul reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for U-Haul CEO Joe Shoen. All reviews posted anonymously by U-Haul employees.