U-Haul

www.uhaul.com
There are newer employer reviews for U-Haul

Worst ever, never accept a raise.

Former Employee - General Manager in Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - General Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at U-Haul full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Well some of the other employees can be good to know but that's about it.

Cons

Besides the constant customer complaints, horrible upper management, constant threats of being fired, revolving door of upper management, being a glorified customer service rep when your title is manager, lack of payroll to safely run a store/assist to customers, seeing good people terminated for no reason, and on and on and on, the worst con was the time of my life wasted working for this company. Once you start to make too much money (which they give you in raises) you are pretty much on the chopping block. Your termination reason will vary but it will never be true and you will win in your unemployment trial because they have no facts or proof of your reason of termination. Its been over a year since my employment and I still talk to some people that work there (the ones that are left) and it hasn't changed. I was in management and had four different bosses during my 5-7 years of employment. I will not put my exact time as I know how they can be. Read up on the Shoen family and see if that's what you want on your resume.

I have no advice for management as they don't listen. They have no other concern than profits, period. My only advice is for job seekers, look elsewhere. Unless its just temporary. But good luck trying to find another job while you are employed, you will be worked to the bone, 65 to 80 hours a week and salary. Also I feel as if my resume has been tainted with this companies name on it. I have a excellent work history and finding a new job was extremely difficult after U-Haul. Never was in the past, if I wanted a job then I got it. STAY AWAY!

288 Other Employee Reviews for U-Haul (View Most Recent)

Supply Coordinator

Current Employee - Supply Coordinator in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Supply Coordinator in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at U-Haul full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Normal hours and pretty straight forward

Cons

Low pay, few benefits and no vacation for the first year.

My experience working for U-Haul was deplorable.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toledo, OH

I worked at U-Haul part-time (less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were very friendly and helpful, and I liked learning new skills and working with my hands on the job.

Cons

Dealing with management was a nightmare. I never heard a co-worker speak of upper management and differently either. The don't care about their employees and treat them as expendable.

Treat your employees with some respect and dignity, and make them feel proud of themselves for all of the hard work and effort it takes to do that job.

There are newer employer reviews for U-Haul