I like it!

I have been working at U-Haul part-time

Pros

I started working for U-Haul in January 2013, I was originally supposed to do sales, but the day I finalized all my paperwork I was called by my recruiter and he offered me a job in Roadside Assistance. Which was more money which is nice. I started out at making $10 an hour. I still make that, but its better than minimum wage. for the first 90 days you cant change your schedule you are stuck with what you picked in the very beginning. since I've started I think I've changed my schedule three times and its always been approved. depending on how many hours you work, you can get a 15 minute break. if you work 7 hours you get a lunch break which is 30 minutes along with getting breaks. I love working from home. some of the other reviews say that part time doesn't get benefits but you do. my manager is amazing, not just my manager every manager, senior manager and escalation member is just amazing. My manager just submitted a request for me to be a full time employee so I'm really happy about that

Cons

the hours a week you get ranges it would 15 or 40, it really just depends on the week. sometimes it is hard to help out a customer when they are mad or impatient.

Other Employee Reviews for U-Haul

My experience working at U-Haul has been nothing less than fantastic. From the very get go I've had no problems.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at U-Haul part-time (More than a year)

Pros

From day one I've had sufficient training and made sure I took all the certification classes to ensure that I would be well educated on procedures and expectations for my career working with U-Haul.

Cons

One of the few complaints I have is the very low start pay. It's above minimum but realistically no where near where anyone could live off of it.

Advice to Management

Only advice I would offer is to try and push for a pay increase for your new employees to promote a desirable work environment and to attract the right employees.

2. I love going to work!!!

Current Employee - Reservation Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Reservation Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at U-Haul part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Customers first!! (people-oriented company) - Great, supportive, engaged, helpful manager(s) and coworkers - Training is great and very organized - Free drinks, snacks, and free food sometimes - Clean and neat office environment - Both professional and personal - Older and younger employees get along well - Enjoyable job - Flexible schedule but still allows you to work up to 25 hrs, best for people that are looking for part-time employment Overall, very friendly work environment and I really like my job!!!

Cons

- Underpaid - No bus pass provided - It is not the best for those who are looking for full-time jobs unless you want to be a manager/supervisor

Advice to Management

Wage increase would be great!