U.S. Bank

horrible in my district

Former Employee - Branch Co-Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Branch Co-Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Good company ethic, Good products and easy to sell

Cons

Awful health benefits (only expensive ppo's available), if you get into a bad district they believe only in negative reinforcement and you won't hear any encouragement

Thoroughly look at middle management (district managers) because they set the environment for an entire area of people. In my district it was well known that there was favoritism. If the DM didn't like you then good luck on getting promoted. They seemed to prefer hiring from the outside then promoting from within. We never heard any positive feedback. However, when his boss would show up, or Richard Davis would call, our DM would act as if he was a model employee and everyone else would smile because they knew if they said one word bad about the DM their jobs were on the line. Saw it plenty of times over my few years there.

1600 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

Good people who mean well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Great compensation. . .vvery compliant with evolving banking regulations

Cons

Management is not super attentive to the growth of their employees. . . . kind of an 'every man for himself' mentality

See individuals as people, with individual potentials, not some there just to boost the bottom line

Bring your hunger and you will shine

Current Employee - Software Tester in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Tester in Portland, OR

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Having worked in two different departments and interacting with management from various groups I have found each area to be extremely competent. Corporate culture is great and you will get recognized for your efforts.

Cons

The pace of change is slow for the most part. There is a slow and steady mentality which is sometimes a double edged sword. Talent tends to move up into management leaving some lackluster regular employees to tend to the ground game.

Be more competitive by keeping salaries slightly above average, balance that out by keeping a lean workforce with and upward mobility mentality, empower more employees by training managers to not only be strong process managers but also resource managers.Bottom line Pay more, Expect more and Get more.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank