U.S. Bank

horrible in my district

Former Employee - Branch Co-Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Branch Co-Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Good company ethic, Good products and easy to sell

Cons

Awful health benefits (only expensive ppo's available), if you get into a bad district they believe only in negative reinforcement and you won't hear any encouragement

Thoroughly look at middle management (district managers) because they set the environment for an entire area of people. In my district it was well known that there was favoritism. If the DM didn't like you then good luck on getting promoted. They seemed to prefer hiring from the outside then promoting from within. We never heard any positive feedback. However, when his boss would show up, or Richard Davis would call, our DM would act as if he was a model employee and everyone else would smile because they knew if they said one word bad about the DM their jobs were on the line. Saw it plenty of times over my few years there.

1724 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

Overworked. Stressed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Make a difference in people's lives every day.
    Company sponsored happy hours almost every day.
    Most of the senior leadership team is extremely competent.
    Great networking opportunities.
    Industry leader in tax credit investing.

Cons

No work life balance (average 70 hours a week)
    Supervisors won't let you make lateral moves if you don't want to advance in your current position.
    New employees are paid twice as much as old employees to do the same job.
    Some managers refuse (or are terrified to) to make decisions.

We need to stop working with bad partners. We need to be able to tell them why they're bad partners without getting demoted.

Long hours, lack of leadership, and limited room for growth

Current Employee - In Store Banker in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - In Store Banker in Nampa, ID

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

U.S. Bank is a company that prides itself providing both its customers and employees with stability and financial soundness.

Cons

In my personal experience, the job of In-Store Banker has awkward work hours. Granted you get to go into work later, 10 AM, but you do not leave until 7 PM. The weekend shifts are also long or awkwardly placed in the day, Saturday shifts are equivalent to a normal weekday shift at other businesses (9-5) and Sunday shift cuts the day in half (12-4). Furthermore, the branch I worked at did not have a manager, so my fellow In-Store bankers and I had to not only be responsible for customer service and sales, but also to resolve issues and concerns reserved for management.

Please hire managers for those branches in which there are none and also promote from within rather than hire from the outside. There is a lot of talent in the branches that goes unnoticed and unappreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank