There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank

Great

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

Pretty good pay since i don't have a degree in the field. Great benefits.

Cons

I take peoples houses away :(

Keep up the great work :)

1525 Other Employee Reviews for U.S. Bank (View Most Recent)

Repetitive and pressured to sell.

Current Employee - U S Bank Teller I
    Current Employee - U S Bank Teller I

I have been working at U.S. Bank

Pros

A very great environment considering the friendliness of coworkers and consistent complements and worker appreciation stuff. Benefits are by far the best I've seen from the few companies I've worked for. Paid vacation, paid sick days, matching 401k option after a year, health, dental, vision, life...simply the full works. Advancement within the company is very possible. Within a couple of months some opportunities presented themselves to me and many people in management position explained their way up the ladder. And there are cash incentives for booking credit cards, meeting referral goals, and high KVS ratings (customer service). Also provided good training where you never feel alone or the feeling you can't receive help.

Cons

Very repetitive. Can't stress how redundant it gets to stand in one spot all day making deposits, withdraws and payments. In addition to that, especially in my branch, a vast majority of customers come up unprepared meaning you need to find their account numbers, fill out their slips, etc. which becomes very annoying really quickly. There is also massive pressure to sell, sell, sell. Even though we rather not give people products that'll benefit them (a good thing for the customer), we are still expected to meet certain numbers. And in some branches, we only so many customers that come through, so the number of people we could try to sell to are limited. We often get negative feedback about how we're always trying to sell them something. Then we we do perform at a high level, our goals are increased for the next period making it even that much more difficult. Recently there is a big push for customer service where a ton of time and effort is being used. If we dont get a perfect score on a survey call, its a complete failure and dont receive any points. In addition, many of our cash incentives are based on our customer service ratings.

Put less pressure to sell on tellers. Customers who consistently get bombarded with selling pitches actually report negative customer service.

Needs to be more mindful of employee feedback

Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker

I worked at U.S. Bank

Pros

Great bank hours Because it closes at 5.

Cons

The technology and support is nonexistent.

There are newer employer reviews for U.S. Bank